Monday, May 19, 2008

Moving right along

It's been hot here in northern California for the past couple of days. Early in the season hot - oppressively hot - you can't do anything in the late afternoon hot.
Everything is turning brown, it's going to be a terrible fire season.
But it also stops my progress of escape. You can only work early in the a.m. Take your siesta and start in again in the evening. You keep the house closed down against the heat. So, what's the difference between this and winter? You're still hiding out, indoors.
But, I'm not a "heat weenie" like my friend Doni Greenburg! It's just the spirit is not willing after the thermometer reaches 105!
Our departure date for middle America is getting closer. My anticipation level is increasing along with my anxiety.
I still can't see over that hill. Do you think we ever do get tired of looking and anticipating what is beyond the horizon?

No comments: