Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm just a newbie

I never thought that I would create a blog. I don't know what is possessing me to do it. But I am.
I have a sneaking suspicion that since I am about to embark on exciting new adventures, I want to document and share the changes that I will be going through. Should be fun.
I am not "blog savvy" or very good about etiquette, but I'm sure I will learn. One thing I do know about people in the blogosphere~they are a vocal lot.
About a month ago my partner and I started on our great escape from the West Coast. It's like rebirth.
How much stuff can two people accumulate in a little over 11 years? Why is it so hard to part with even the smallest key chain or matchbook?
Lessons learned: do NOT accumulate more "stuff" than you can use in your next life.
Our migration is just that, a new beginning, a fresh start. We leave behind nothing and look forward to everything. I consider it my adventure out of the mid-life (what am I doing here?) doldrums.
New people, new territory, new jobs... I just shiver in anticipation.
I've always been just a traveler, this is just another route to our roots, middle America.
I wonder what's over that next hill?

No comments: